I introduced no new foods this past weekend. I was planning on it, but Audrey was sick with a cold and wasn't too intersted in eating food anyway, she just wanted to nurse, so I figured it wasn't a good time to offer her something new.
But here's the low down on a few staples of Audrey's diet...
Avacados keep Audrey regular....very regular. And it's so smooth and creamy she always eats it. It's my go to food for her. I have frozen some cubes, but fresh is best!!!
Applesauce is yummy...but only when eaten off of Mommys finger. She really won't eat it off the spoon.
Peas are delicious....peas and carrots together....just ok.
Sweet potatos are the best food ever.
Rice cereal alone...blah....rice cereal with bananas.....oh yum!
Green beans...no thank you. I think it's the texture.
I am planning to give her a few new ones soon, including, pears, oatmeal and squash soon. If I have time I may attempt spinach....I say attempt, because I'm not sure how it will puree, so it will be an experiment. I will definetly be taking a little time this weekend to whip up those new foods, as well as replenish my stock of sweet potatos, peas, and applesauce. I got a new steaming basket at Target and it's working great. My food processor is doing a great job and I am loving the ice cube method of freezing. It makes it so convienient and easy to have little perfect protion cubes waiting in the freezer. I have been giving Audrey more than just two foods at dinner lately. For instance, last night she had a whole food cube of peas and carrots, a half a cube of applesauce and what was about a have a cubes worth of fresh mashed avacado. I think she likes the variety.
Her thighs are getting super chubby, which is proof that more food is getting in her mouth than on the highchair, bib, face, hair, up the nose, etc. Although, from looking at all those things....you would never know it!
Audrey is learning to use a sippy cup. She only gets water in it....no juice. She loves to drink out of our water glasses and water bottles and is actually pretty good at it. The girl may master a regular cup before she masters a sippy cup.
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment