Both girls had their well child check ups this week...that's right, both girls, me...alone and a visit to the doctors office. It was a little nuts, but all in all not too bad. My big girl Audrey was a superstar, so that helped a great deal!
Audrey at three years of age weighs a petite 28 lbs. and 36 inches tall. She was so great for the doctor, answered all of her questions, counted for her, said her colors, drew for her, and was even great during the check up portion. She had to get one shot and was very brave about it. She cried a few rather quiet tears for a second and all was better once the nurse was gone and I was able to get her pants and shoes back on and assure her she was all done. I was quite proud of my girl. She painted happily and quietly while Tessa had her check up.....although Tessa was crying so hard, I don't think I would have heard if Audrey made a sound anyway. Tessa remembered having been at the doctors office the week before 3!!!! days in a row for repeated bloodwork and shots for an infection they still can't name. She was NOT a happy camper being back, and who can blame the poor baby. I felt for her and wanted to so badly for her to understand me when I explained that she wasn't getting any shots that day. My best Mommy efforts did not work to calm her down until we were safely home. We did put off her vaccines until next week since she was still on antibiotics. I dread going back in there and having to let them stick her again! It's awful!
Tessa at nearly 5 months weighs 16 lbs. and 26 inches long. She is loving being upright these days. She likes her exersaucer, the bumbo (occasionally) and is even in the bathtub "chair" when I bathe the girls together, which they both LOVE.
Tessa is getting quite an arm and will throw her toy over her shoulder then try to roll and stretch to get it back. She watches her sister all the time and is totally fascinated by all things Audrey. Audrey in turn, thinks Tessa is awesome and loves any and all attention she can get from her sister. She hugs and kisses her constantly......like ALL THE TIME! :) Those chubby cheeks are pretty much irresistable to us all. Tessa likes grabbing Audrey's hair and Audrey is patient about it. Sometimes she even wants her to pull her hair, just so she can say "Oh Tessa, we don't pull hair baby". Funny girls.
Tessa is chewing on everything, babbling a lot, and is ready for solid foods. She watches up all so intently when we eat and tries to grab anything I am eating while holding her. We are going to start solids soon and I am excited about it. I loved feeding Audrey homemade baby food and am getting excited to start making food for Tessa too! I have to get all my supplies out and ready. I think we will likely start with mashed avacado like we did with Audrey. It's a super food, easy to prepare for her (mash, add breastmilk, stir well) and Audrey liked it a lot.
We are busy getting ready for Christmas and all that comes with that. Audrey is really enjoying the ELF on the shelf this year. She wakes up every morning looking for where Max has landed. She still loves the Little People Nativity and Tessa is enjoying chewing on the wise man that Audrey has chosen for her to play with that day. It's always a wise man, she won't share baby Jesus or Mary or Joseph with her sister.....apparently they are not for chewing on. ;) The singing dog and piano playing Snoopy are still big hits and are on repeat morning, noon and night. Audrey is loving the ornaments on the tree and is thoroughly embracing Christmas movies right now. I am not sure how many more times I can watch Mickey Saves Santa though. :) Frosty is another super favorite, but she asks constantly after watching it for us to tell her again why frosty melts and Karen cries. She knows why and what happens, but she's working it out in her head and making her peace with it by asking about it over and over.
I have a to do list that stretches about a mile long, but we are trying to just enjoy all the fun the season brings. We are looking forward to going to Fantasyland again this year to see Santa, going to The Hotel Roanoke to see all the trees and decorations and we're looking forward to seeing family. We are even planning a short three day trip out of town over Christmas break for the four of us to get some time for our little family alone.
Thursday, December 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment