Saturday, June 12, 2010

Audrey likes to take control of the spoon. She's pretty coordinated with it, but at times....it can get messy!
I made some baby food today and introduced a new food as well. I steamed summer squash, then pureed it in the food processor. Since squash is so seedy, I had to push it through a mesh strainer, but that worked great and it turned out really nice. I introduced it to Audrey for the first time and she loved it. She is so good about new tastes....although new textures throw her a bit, but she generally just rolls things with a different texture around on her tounge then spits them out. :)
I also steamed and pureed a bunch of organic carrots and she had those with her squash. She's had carrots before and likes them. I have a bunch of carrots to freeze into food cubes for later use.
The banana is in the picture because I usually give her a little slice of banana cut up to help her practice with finger food, and also to entertain her while I am getting her dinner ready while she sits in the high chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment